Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Burkina

 Thanksgiving in Burkina was amazing!  Among my fellow Peace Corps Trainees there are some amazing cooks that made excellent food with limited ingredients.  Among the highlights were turkey (of course), garlic bread, mac n cheese, and SALAD.  We never get fresh vegetables at meals with our host families, so it was exciting to have a salad.  Desserts included carrot cake, pumpkin pie, and cookies.  I puked after the meal because I ate so much.
 My host family!  I told my host dad  that I wanted to take a picture of the family last night.  This morning, the family got dressed up in their nice clothes for the picture.  I'd like to claim that I haven't taken off my UCLA shirt since the win over USC, but I'd be lying.
The trainees in my language class along with our language teacher, Saliou.  I managed to test into a higher class and reach the level of French I need to become a trainee.  That means I'm starting to learn the local language of my area, Jula.

Hope everyone  had as good of a Thanksgiving as me!

No comments:

Post a Comment