Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bad News or Good News First?

The bad news: Our bus careened off the side of the road on Monday during a journey from Leo to Ouaga. Don't worry, no one was hurt!!!!

The good news: My site announcement!  Here's the information I've been given so far (which I'm hesitant to develop too many expectations about)

"Congratulations you are going to the village of Takaledougou!  60km from Bobo and 15km from Banfora, the village of Takaledougou is surrounded by acres of sugarcane fields beneath mountain cliffs.  Mangos are seasonal and the community is thrilled to be  receiving their first volunteer.  There are women's groups, youth groups, theater troupes, mango and shea  producers, and musicians who are eager to collaborate and share longstanding cultural traditions, such as an annual festival at the village waterfalls.  Your house has 5 spacious rooms! It is located in the councilor's compound.  You gave a small private courtyard and gardening space."

Sounds like I won some sort of game show right?  Anyhow, I feel very fortunate with my site placement, considering I only requested not to be in the North of the country.  You can find the approximate location of my site using the map below.  (Hint: SW)




1 comment:

  1. Sound's like you're about to eat the best mangos of your life. From what I know about sugar cane though that shit is BRUTAL to farm, hope you don't have to do any of that.

    ReplyDelete